Our IT security assessments identify, assess and evaluate risks in your infrastructure to help you transform your security strategy
IT Security Assessments
Your business is exposed to hackers, ransomware and viruses each time you connect to the Internet. Threats are growing in number and complexity and traditional approaches to security need to be abandoned.
Advanced Threat Intelligence
Our IT security assessments are designed to pinpoint and analyse issues in your network, providing comprehensive insights to help secure your infrastructure. Our assessments can assist with the following:
- Prevent insecure browsing and restrict access to unwanted online content
- Prevent viruses, malware, phishing and ransomware
- Secure your network against external compromise
- Prevent unauthorised network access
- Discover and secure sensitive data
- Establish a more secure digital future
- Fraud prevention
iQuda is certified to this systematic global standard and complies with the requirements to ensure continued security, data protection and consistent threat management.
The Information Governance Statement of Compliance, or IGSoC, is an NHS Information Governance Standard to protect patient data. As a leading healthcare support provider, iQuda is fully-compliant with this standard.
Leading security tools allow us to efficiently assess, evaluate and improve your network to bolster security in your organisation.
Our services are available individually or as part of an overall information security solution. We can help rethink security in your organisation through the application of best-practice, awareness and continual improvement.
Security is About People
Best-practice provides an excellent framework, but “liveable” protection is about making security work for your organisation
Discover how we’re promoting security and preparing organisations for success in the digital era.
For more information and pricing, please contact an advisor to discuss your requirements.
Security Risk Assessment
An executive-level analysis of your infrastructure along with full reports, a summary, charts and, risk assessment. This report highlights and explains the security risks your organisation faces. Our team will identify appropriate solutions to help fill-in the gaps in your infrastructure and improve your security practices.
• System protocol leakage (insecure outbound protocols)
• Unrestricted protocols
• Web browsing user controls
• Wireless access (network availability & security)
• External security vulnerabilities
• External security threats
• Network share permissions & access to file system shares
• Domain security policies
• Local security policies (presence & consistency)
• Risk score rating (1-100)
This Assessment Will Identify:
• High, medium and low-level security risks
• Improvement recommendations
• Internal security vulnerabilities (webmail, pornography, shareware, social media etc)
• Local security policy consistency
A security management plan is included with this assessment. The management plan ranks issues by their potential risk and provides guidance to address the issue. We recommend that all high and medium issues are addressed as a priority, either by iQuda or by your internal team.
Security Policy Assessment
A comprehensive review of your local and domain level security policies.
- Sampled system IP address, name & operating system
- Password policy enforcement
- Security option enforcement
- Account lock policy implementation
- Audit policy implementation
- User rights assignment
This Assessment Will Identify:
- Saved passwords in use
- Age of passwords in use (oldest, youngest)
- Password rules in place
- Password encryption policies on your network
- Account lockout threshold & duration
- Audit logon events, directory service access, account management & policy change
- Audit privilege use, process tracking, audit system events
- Account administrator status by PC
- Guest account status by PC
- Settings & installations account privileges
- Digital signing privileges
- Shutdown, cryptography and account control privileges
This security assessment allows you to identify security policy enforcement across your network. The assessment is carried out at your site by a member of our Information Security team. We will consult with you after the assessment to develop a plan of action to bridge gaps in your policies. Available standalone or combined with other IT security assessments.
User Share Permissions Assessment
A comprehensive list of access permissions for each user in your organisation. This report details all access rights for shared computers, files and drives by user.
This Assessment Will Identify:
- Share permissions by drive, computer and file
- System permissions
- User access per drive, computer and file
This report will help you identify and control user access rights on your network. Authorised user access is a key component of the ISO 27001 Information Security Standard and is an important consideration for companies of all sizes. Available standalone or combined with other IT security assessments.
User Behaviour Analysis Report
Provides a detailed overview of physical, remote and network system logins. Highlights all logins by system and user, with success and failure analysis at 24 hour, 7 day and 30 day intervals.
Useful for analysing user behaviour and user access to network systems. This is one of many IT security assessments that can be useful for understanding staff behaviour so security training can be given in response. Available standalone or combined with other IT security assessments.
Outbound Security Assessment
Identifies non-conformities in your network outbound ports and protocol accessibility compared to industry standards and best practice. Also provides a wireless security survey, highlights all wireless networks listed in your network and analyzes user access to restricted Internet content.
- User internet controls (entertainment, pornography, shareware, social media, warez and webmail).
- Wireless network security levels
- Wireless network security risks
- Outbound ports and protocol accessibility analysis compared to industry standards
This report identifies potential outbound security issues, allowing you to close network security gaps and protect your network from attacks. Available standalone or combined with other IT security assessments.
External Vulnerabilities & Threat Exposure Assessment
A comprehensive report covering security gaps, network warnings and informational items. Includes a full NMap Scan and checks on 65, 535 ports with open/close analysis.
- Low, Medium & High-Risk item Summary
- Host issue summary
- Number and names of operating systems in use
- Issue by severity report
- False positive identification
- Listening port analysis
- Summary, vulnerability detection, impact, solution and insight report with testing methodology
This report provides a detailed overview of external network vulnerabilities. An essential for security compliance, the report provides thorough information for insightful security decision making. Available standalone or combined with other IT security assessments.
Computer Share Permission Assessment
A thorough list of all shared drives in place on each computer, along with details of access by level, file, user, group & device.
- Permissions for share by computer
- File system permissions for share
This Assessment Will Identify:
- Share access by unauthorised users
- Editing controls in place
- Shares present on each computer
- Non-compliant user access
- Lack of access for authorised users
The share permissions report is particularly useful for organisations with compliance concerns, or those who are working towards compliance standards such as ISO 27001 or NHS Information Governance). The report is also useful for larger organisations where manually checking share permissions can be time-consuming and complex. Available standalone or combined with other IT security assessments.
Cyber Liability and Data Breach Report
Provides an extensive overview of cyber liability and potential data breaches across a network. Potential liability is monetized within the report to demonstrate potential exposure. All saved credit card and sensitive data details (e.g. security or National Insurance details) are identified and listed with the corresponding storage system name. Available standalone or combined with other IT security assessments.
Network Security Management Plan
Provides guidance to address all network security issues. Issues are ranked by priority, probability and threat exposure. The network security management plan provides a clear plan of action to close security gaps and decrease risk exposure. Available standalone or combined with other IT security assessments.
We support organisations throughout Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire & London. Areas we currently support include Hemel Hempstead, Aylesbury, Chesham, Amersham, Dunstable, Berkhamsted, Tring, St Albans, Barnet, Watford, Kings Langley, Abbots Langley, Harpenden, Hatfield, Luton and surrounding areas.
To enquire about our IT security assessments or arrange a consultation, please contact us directly.